IPT UV Robot Case Studies
New Published Peer Reviewed Study
American Journal of Infection Control, Volume 43, No. 12, December 2015
- Facility-wide disinfection initiative using the IPT NextGen UV technology
- Six-month, seasonally correlated study
- Dedicated UVC service model provided by Clean Sweep Group Inc
- Facility-wide HAI reductions:
- 42.7% reduction in C.Diff infections
- 100% reduction in Klebsiella infections
- 71.4% reduction in Acinetobacter infections
- 30 patient rooms, of various sizes and configurations with diverse patient populations, cleaned and disinfected using standard terminal cleaning procedures;
- Environmental cultures taken of 5 high-touch surfaces:
- Door handle at entry of patient room;
- Faucet handles on sink;
- Hand rail next to toilet;
- Hand rail on patient bed;
- Remote control/call bell.
- Same 30 rooms disinfected again using IPT 3200 UV robot for 6-12 minutes, with average 10.2 minutes per room;
- Environmental cultures of same high-touch areas taken again.
- All of the high-touch surfaces showed significant contamination after the standard cleaning;
- Environmental cultures showed 98% reduction in microorganisms after IPT 3200 disinfection;
- 16 of the patient room environmental culture plates had 0 colony forming units (CFUs) after disinfection with the IPT 3200.
Before UV disinfection deployment:
- 22 cases of C. diff in the 6 months prior to implementation;
- $14,805 average added charge per HAI case;
- $325,710 total in added charges;
- 7.3 days average added LOS;
- 15 minutes average turnaround time per patient room.
After deployment of IPT’s IPT 3200 UV disinfection robot:
- In 6 months, 1 incident of C. diff where UV-C was used, 5 incidents in areas where it was not;
- $88,830 in total added charges;
- No difference in average turnaround time per patient room;
- $236,880 in cost savings from reduced HAI incidents.
Before UV-C disinfection:
- 24/10000PTD C. diff infection rate
- 14 cases of C. diff in 3 months
After deployment of IPT UV disinfection robot:
- 6.1/10000PTD C. diff infection rate
- 1 case of C. diff in 3 months
- Estimated $130,000-$180,000 in cost savings